Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4th!

Happy Birthday America!

I wish we would have made it to arco on time. And got a little closer (maybe?).
The parking lots, the roads, and the very air was thick to the brim. So we parked somewhere in a parking lot with a hundred others, got the kids on top of our van and held them for a few minutes so they could see the show.

Brent loved it, Logan was REALLY excited. I couldn't take too many pictures, having to hold Loggy and balancing on top of the car with a ladder in the way - but I did take a short video.

Which I'll upload in a bit.


During the day we went out to the same part of the lake, that we've been going to for a couple of days.
Grandpa came with us, brought marinated chicken, soda - the good stuff. He also dragged a good ol' camping stove and I managed some delicious chicken (sorry no pictures this time, but I tell you it was perfection!).
The children, daddy and I (pups included of course!) swam across the same part of the lake to a small island and back. Then daddy and I swam by ourselves just for exercise. Because swimming is fun.
The walk to our usual spot is pretty long so grandpa vowed not to do it again. heheh. Oh well. It's still fun and dogs get plenty of movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment