Saturday, August 4, 2012

Grandpa's Wedding!

Oh there’s a biggie. First things first. I missed about three days of posting mainly due to the fact that Brent, Loggy bear and myself got sick. Duke’s foot still in pain and daddy has been working a lot.

So we’ve spent most of the week watching Stuart Little, doing our work book, getting the prayer before food down and just doing random stuff at home. Like trashing it and then bringing it back to life and order. 

But since that week we also managed to meet Eileen, grandpa’s new wife. Lovely woman she is – and while we (daddy and I) kind of wondering what the heck is grandpa thinking getting married THIS FAST, we still had lots of fun at their… WEDDING!!!

There were a lot of pictures taken, both by my camera and minister’s daughter. She was a wiz at the camera, and we had a lot of fun snapping pictures. Eileen seemed nervous and so did grandpa but it was all good. After all it IS marriage. 

The ceremony was supposed to include me and daddy paving the way for the newlyweds, followed closely by Brent the official ring bearer. But Brentik had something totally different in mind. As soon as he saw that there were MORE people than just Eileen and us, he clammed up and threw a very controlled fit (as in don’t want to do this, take me home and forget this place exists). I was questioned as to whether he was going to actually get out of adjoining wedding room and come into the area where everyone was already seated – I said something like ‘maybe if I spank him first’ then daddy came to the rescue and got Brent to sit in the pew. Where Brent proceeded to knock sense into himself by smacking his head on the back of the pew. With a tiny booboo and pressures of performing off of him, he was finally content and in best of moods. 

The ceremony was short and sweet. Things almost got mushy when the lady minister pronounced them husband and wife. They shared a sweet short kiss and viola! We now officially have a new family member. 

I felt slightly sad for Eileen - because she didn’t have at least one of her sons (or anyone else for that matter) present on her side, and was glad to be there for her, since grandpa seemed like he didn’t care if anyone else besides Eileen was even around. (Which I’m sure he did, but you know grandpa.)

As  a matter of fact I felt bad for grandpa as well a bit. There was at least 20 people invited. Only four others besides myself and daddy showed up. And we were the first ones to the chapel wondering where the heck is gramps and Eileen are, or for that matter the guests.

Daddy’s aunt Cathy, grandpa and uncle Tom with is lovely wife Maria were there and they certainly are a blast ANY time. When daddy gets us a nice little house with a backyard – you bet your bottoms I’ll be having those people over as frequently as I can – considering they live 40 min to an hour away that might be NOT so frequently, but you know. They are absolutely characters all onto themselves. I’ll fill you in later. Or earlier. Depending heheh.

Back to the wedding. For reception we went to PF Changs. Mainly because Eileen is gluten intolerant and they have a special menu just for her specific needs, and also because they have pretty bomby Chinese food.

The server (if I AM right his name was same as daddy’s “Gary”) was “alright”, he didn’t satisfy only cause he didn’t hear your mother like EVER, even tho I was almost the closest one to him with my requests. But whatever, daddy’s set of pipes are loud enough – and that was good enough. Plus it was funny. I think. Maybe not. It was getting late and I'm always happy at family get-togethers.

Daddy’s younger brothers with one girlfriend (I think she’s uncle Johnny’s fiancee actually at this point, Joana) and a friend (Marty) finally DID show up. And that was nice. I Love seeing the boys – they are a blast when in good mood and having fun. Although I did want to kick their collective butts for missing the ceremony. I mean how would THEY feel if their dad missed something important in their life?

Ah well, I’m too old fashioned. I do love them tons tho. And Joana is so sweet I didn’t even bother worrying about her. I knew she would have been there on time if it weren’t for the boys. LOL

The food… oh golly the food kids, I thought I’ve had good Chinese food before. Nah, what I’ve had was slop. Like the stuff they feed the pigs. Finally I have tasted Chinese food. Perhaps not very authentic, but flavors – oooh. Good.

I thought I was a pretty decent cook, but I realized that in Chinese kitchen, I’m merely a novice, who’s learning how to boil eggs. Ah well. Practice makes perfect. Plus if this place is around Sacramento – you bet your bottoms I’m going to visit it again and get some of those recipes Down. Just checked - there is. Must get my bros (your uncles L & G) to order from there someday.

The newlyweds looked so nervous the whole time. On the inside I sympathized. Been there done that. On the outside I laughed and smiled with the rest of them. Glad that dad found a little bit of happiness and of course glad that it’s with such a lovely woman, whom I like more and more as time goes on. I totally see what dad sees in her. And I have a feeling rest of family does too. Or beginning to, this includes grandma – although she does share the same reservations on grandpa’s  sanity with the rest of the family. This of course has nothing to do with Eileen and kind of woman she is – just curiosity as to why rush things, lol.  What’s done is done however and all are glad to have this lady in our lives. 

Finally the cake came. The dots were supposed to be green. So I hope Eileen will get some money back for that (cake was like $100) but if not it was still a hit with me, I totally DIG the flavor of rice flour, albeit it does make things a touch too dry. Icing was perfectly too sweet. But with cakes like this it always is – that is a norm.

My sons finally started showing signs of fatigue the way babies do, trying to fuss and draw with chalk on more than just paper, so daddy pitched in a $100 for the (incredibly expensive) food bill (it was like $350 for all of it, I mean REALLY???!) and we grabbed the left overs and sayonara’ed out of there.

I was half expecting them to leave the next morning to go on their trip, but apparently I was mistaken, over and over again. LOL – they aren’t leaving for a couple of days. 

/yawn
This post is incredibly long, my back hurts from sitting so long, so I’m done for now.

I love my kids!!!





















 LOL I told grandpa to SMILE, and this is what I get???








No comments:

Post a Comment