Monday, August 13, 2012

One of those 'my car got towed' posts

Yes kids,

I forgot to mention that while doing all the fun stuff that I have described to you in all those other previous posts, daddy and I are actually financially in a big fat black hole.

If you ask why we decided to have second kid while still in a hole - let's just say family planning is as important if not more - than making money. And while money sure DOES HELP!!! in raising a family, it's not necessary to have a whole lot of it. So back off. I basically wanted a little brother for Brent, I got one. Rest will sort itself out. And Brent is happier for it - and Logan I'm sure of it - is happy to be alive.

Anyways... being in a financial hole means daddy-o owes a ton of money for some things he owned back in the good days (immediately prior and slightly during when we first met, so 4 1/2 years ago).

That also means that if you go couple of years in a depressed "don't want to work" state - then there's nothing you can do to settle those debts.

Of course it's only matter of fact that occasionally a cop will pull someone over just cause they feel like giving you a ticket etc... well that happened to daddy COUPLE of times.
Naturally bench warrants (no biggie) were issued, license was suspended, insurance rates sort of went UP a bit. So on and so forth.

We got one car taken a while back. Was a nice little mercedes (one of the older ones) and we were incredibly sad to see it go. But tags on it were expired - and daddy got his license suspended. So bye bye that car went. And that let us learn that things can be done WITHOUT a car just fine for a couple of years.

Then we bought a van - right around my birthday. And restarted daddy's business... and basically fast forward to mommy not wearing a seat belt - voilĂ  .

I didn't bother putting it on even after he pulled us over. My mind totally blanked. It happens to mommy sometimes. Usually under stress.

Sooooo... daddy and grandma are out to figure out what can be done to get the car back.
And I got to sit and make breakfast for bubba-boy. Loggy is still sleeping. :)

We did end up taking a huge break yesterday in the evening, since daddy was awesome cool and didn't get mad - just little stressed out.  Brent and Loggy went swimming with me for about three hours. Then later we walked the dogs a bit. And then we watched a movie or two with grandma.

So I'm basically tired this morning.
Might need a chaser coffee for that original coffee.
and some fish for essential brain power!

<3 my kids and hubby

No comments:

Post a Comment