Saturday, August 25, 2012

Working out some details.

Your uncle G asked how does Brentik learn.

I went over some specifics, and reminded myself that for him videos = show and tell, play a large role.

One of our most successful tools is Youtube.
Grandpa introduced it and I haven't stopped using it since.

Brent learned a ton of songs (and so did I, because frankly I didn't know many songs back in the day). It helped him learn ABCs, numbers, colors and what parts make up a rocket and how to launch it. He also loves watching random flight videos.

There's something about the children's videos, maybe it's the joviality or the colors or the fact that a lot of times it's other children's voices - that grabs his attention and holds it.

Of course, the biggest component in Brent's learning is that daily - daddy or myself apply ourselves in his learning. You'll hear us walking the dogs and singing abc's or twinkle twinkle, or maybe you'll hear me retell one of the greats - like Treasure Island, Little Red Riding Hood, David and Goliath, last one was first few chapters of Three Musketeers.

The only thing that's missing in his (and his brother's and dogs') life right now is the back yard. But no worries kiddoes - daddy is working hard to get us there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment