Friday, June 15, 2012

Preparations for Father's day.

While waiting at WalMart in the check out line I perused the Father's Day greeting cards. One of them said:

"How did Father's day came to be?
About a month after Mother's day someone said "Hey... wait a second!"

Or something like that. I admit - I loved it. Didn't buy it. But loved it.

See kids - right now mam and dad are on a budget, what with business taking off bit slow (pray people!!) and mam is a stay at home mom to raise you four wonderful pets. Oh yes. It's peaches and cream, and we don't regret any of that. Except for the time we burned the bacon...

Anyways - we have limited time to make something awesome for grandpa and daddy. Decided to make our OWN greeting card for grandpa, and of course daddy will get one too. Other than that Grandpa is getting a seed bird feeder and a humming bird feeder. One is handmade, the other is made by the wonderful Chinese nation. Can't beat $2.70 :)

Mam already bought daddy a little gift... got caught however and interaction went something like this:

Me /puts the cologne in the cart
daddy: what's that for?
me: your father's day present (#iamtoosneaky)
daddy: uh, what are you going to pay with
me: /looking at the shampoos in the isle. Money, silly
daddy: where did you get it? steal it from me? (this is where he was joking so he had this awesome grin on)
me: yep (shoulda seen his face. LOVED it) well deary it's not like I get an allowance. And I didn't exactly "STEAL" it, I merely kept the change. For the last few months.
daddy: oh.. Oo
me: you're welcome

Note to myself: start making money. Lemonade stand comes to mind :) I can pimp the kids' cuteness heheheh

oh... fine.

I am rambling. Today was awesome fun tho. Took you kids to the pool. Will post the pics and video little later. Both Brent and Logan had a blast. It was funny too - cause Brent fought me the entire time I was trying to get him in. Then he was fighting us the whole time we were trying to get him out.

Potty training almost had a set back but we figured it out fast like and saved the day. God bless whoever thought of putting the bathrooms right there by the pool.

I also threw together some pieces of chicken in marinade for tomorrow's dinner. Will let you know how it panned out and post the recipe if it's recipe worthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment